Our expertise and work currently spans the design, development and integration of advanced data fusion and tracking algorithms into distributed architectures; developing innovative techniques and algorithms to investigate optimal platform routing that optimizes collection for fusion metric benefits, while also satisfying collection and de-confliction requirements; and the development of rigorous and innovative techniques to model and expose enemy networks, actions, reactions and courses of action.
IAVO fusion science areas include:
- Geographic Information Systems
- Imaging Science
- Remote Sensing
- Intelligence Services
- Prevention and Protection
- Law Enforcement
- Situation Awareness
- Predictive Analytics
- Social Science
- Business Intelligence
- Discovery Science
The IAVO fusion services group performs advanced R&D associated with multi-source, multi-sensor, and multi-intelligence data fusion. Emphasis is placed on advanced algorithm development and analysis, ontology development, design and implementation of programs related to optimization, estimation, pattern recognition, and data mining, and fusion.
Additionally, the team performs R&D that:
- Results in the notion of simultaneous operating processes which effect motivation and consequently decision-making and behavior;
- Infers what motivations underlie the decisions that an individual or group makes;
- Models adaptive decisions pertaining to how entities aggregate; and
- Model applicable structural regression network methodologies to explore inferences of significance.
Another focus is on the development of innovative approaches for combining the output of space/time features to outcome statistical models with techniques for probabilistic forecasting of behaviors of interest that considers open source information in addition to conventional intelligence data sources. The techniques leveraged in anticipating events include belief nets, Hidden Markov Models and Agent/Source Characterization in order to predict intent based on observations of statistically derived causal features.
Fusion Applications Development
The IAVO fusion group has proven expertise in the following:
- The design, development and integration of advanced data fusion and tracking algorithms
- Dynamic (and optimized) platform routing
- Cooperative ISR
- Distributed processes
- Linear correlation
- Discrete choice modeling
- Quantitative geography
- Computational statistics
- Belief Nets
For more information on the IAVO fusion sciences programs, please use our contacts page or call 919-433-2400.